Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need some advice on how to treat this I've already did a treatment of melafix and I plan on doing a water change tomorrow is there anything else I can do. He is one of my favorites and I think he got in a fight with my mayan cichlid when I was gone. Now he can't even close his mouth. The only thing he can eat is small cichlid granules that's I have. His lip is cut all the way through. Do u think it can grow back normal to where he can at least close his mouth or should I put him down humanely. Its way worse than it looks in the pic

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I apologize, but did not see this post :-?

I dont think that there was much more that you could do, other than what you did.

....Bill

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks he seemed like he was doing ok and then I was looking for him today and found him behind the rocks poor guy I don't think I could ever replace him. It is all my fault though I should have never added that 12 inch mayan. Two dominate males never go well together.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi Cichlid_kid,

Sorry for your loss. I did read your post but I didn't have anything to add. I would have done the same things you did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts