Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help my cichlid has cloudy eye. I just bought this cichlid from a seller and they weren't the healthiest fish but I decide for the price I can heal them up. Soon as I put him in fresh clean water he's eye already was clearing up and by the next day it was almost gone, now it's two days in and it's back. I am doing 75% water changes a day till he's healthy again. I'm thinking he scraped he's eye or he got bitten by an other tank member. How can I fix this, doesn't seem like the clean water is going to do it or is it??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Just keep the water clean, that's pretty much it. If it got better and then worse again, it probably is an aggression issue. Malawis are known for going for the eyes. What's the dimensions of your tank and what are the tankmates?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
caldwelldaniel26 said:
Just keep the water clean, that's pretty much it. If it got better and then worse again, it probably is an aggression issue. Malawis are known for going for the eyes. What's the dimensions of your tank and what are the tankmates?
There are 8 cichlids over 4 inches, dragon bloods and ob peacocks. They are only in a 55 Quarantine tank till they get better, then I have a 240 gallon for them. The water quality is all at 0pmm because I am doing 75% water changes daily for now. I think your right though, it looks like an aggression issue.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
That's probably why you're having issues... The tank is too small for that many mature peacocks and a more timid borleyi. Your best bet would be to put the peacocks in the bigger tank and leave the borleyi to himself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.