Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the final design stages of getting my 75G ready to setup. It's an Oceanic with one overflow chamber in the back right corner, draining to a ProFlex 3 and then returned back via one standpipe and locline nozzle going back up the overflow chamber. I've got a Quiet One 3000 pump which is rated at ~500GPH at 5' of head. I'm wondering whats the best way to direct the flow of the locline nozzle? Should I put a powerhead on the other side of the tank? I'm just worried about getting solids to get to the top of the overflow since that is the only place that it will get down to the sump.

Also, what size of heater would you recommend for this tank and sump? Our house stays at a fairly constant 20C and I plan on keeping Tropheus.

I appreciate any help you guys can offer!

Edit - Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Mods please move it to the Setup section. Apologies!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! Anyone got any advice on water flow movement for my tank?

·
Registered
173 Posts
you might want a power head on the other side of the tank. That is something I find that needs to be adjusted as you get the tank running. as far as heater I am not sure, I tend to have heaters a little to big for my tank but that is usually what i have around and needed something fast for a hospital tank/quartine. Hope this helps a little and lets see the pictures of the tank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure, ok! I got the tank used off of Kijjii and it was REALLY dirty but the tank and stand itself was in decent shape. The front glass actually has a few more scratches then I initially thought but it'll do for now. I painted the stand and tank trim & background all black. Added a durso standpipe and painted it black as well. I added a plug with a switch for the sump and added a fluorescent light under the stand with another switch. Istill need to do a little more cleaning and the tank is getting a preliminary water hold test in the basement. Please excuse the UGLY ass carpet.. hah.

·
Registered
173 Posts
looks good, what do you plan on stocking in the tank? as that might change from just adding a power head to putting even a small canister under the stand if there is room.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on getting a colony of Tropheus, not sure on the individual strain yet. Most likely 20-25 juveniles and thinning out to around 15-20 as they mature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.