Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked about this fish back in october when I first got him but he looks a bit different now that hes around 3" long. The member who replied before said he was a copadichromis borleyi. He looks more black than blue so I was wondering if he could be something else? Or does he just need more time to turn blue? Or is he just going to be a more blackish colored borleyi?

This fish started off being dark blue and gray with just a white stripe across the top of his fin. Now hes got an orange stripe above the white one and orange spots on the back end. Also hes got a bright bluish white strip on the bottom of each of his lower fins. Could he be an electric blue or is he something else?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Fish one looks to be a male Copadichromis borleyi just going through the juvenile to male colour change.
For sure I would have expected more blue earlier. :-?

Fish two look most like a Sciaenochromis fryeri just colouring up as male.
Prob is there are so many hybids of this guy about I can not say for sure it is pure. It kind of looks not quite like mine but that may be because its hybid or maybe a different variant.

All the best James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.