Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the same fish in both pictures. it changes colors all day. someone please help me identify my fish. i think it belongs to the ..Melanochromis family from your guide. sorry the picture isnt great.

also how do i know if it is male or female?

i think this is one of those morph yellow or electric yellow, is it male or female?

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
The Melanochromis is a Johanni type. Could be M. interruptus or a mix of closely related fish. Probably male, males turn black and blue when mature and dominant. Females are yellow-orange, but adult females can imitate dull male coloring at times.

Yellow Labidochromis is very hard to tell if male or female.

Pacu? wt...?

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
jms3_78 said:
thank you so much this has been helpful. what is ... Pacu? wt...?
is that a Pacu in there behind the Yellow Lab? They get too HUGE for your tank, or almost any tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tinfoil barb (Barbonymus schwanenfeldii) .. we are actually fish sitting that one and a couple others while sis is out of town ... couple days

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dont know. she has a wall aquarium between her living room and dining room so she may have room for it. it is really thick/deep/tall all that

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
jms3_78 said:
dont know. she has a wall aquarium between her living room and dining room so she may have room for it. it is really thick/deep/tall all that
Lucky girl.... is she single?
J/K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha far from it, married, 4 boys and expecting a girl in august. Great love for fish and dogs. their jack russels get on the boat and go diving with them. it is so funny to watch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you must have misunderstood, this is not a 200 gallon by far. it stands taller then me, is about 10 feet long and at least 4 feet in depth, they are very wealthy and had it built recently for them but have not gotten many fish yet. their kids want to start small and watch them grow. that was part of the reason for this trip was to go get some beautiful fish you cannot purchase here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts