Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also if you can please tell me what identifying markers told you what this is so I can better learn to do this in the future. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
looks like a stressed out or poor colored Male otopharynx or s. fryeri. Or maybe a baby version of a much bigger maturing predator hap species? Is that an jacobfreibergi with the orange head next to him?

Markers... dark blue coloring with vertical bars says male to me just not in full color dress. More elongated body than the peacock next to him makes me think hap. Body, eye, and mouth shape look similar to the suggestions I gave but the color is wrong.

I'm not great at the ID game so hopefully someone else has a more conclusive answer for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I've also posted this in another group and 1 said fryeri and a second said fryeri hybrid so... I guess majority called it. It's just weird because I have an adult 7" fryeri but he's much lighter in color but yea the body shape and all that is similar.
And that guy next to him is a sulfurhead. I actually got both of those from the same place last week. I wanted the sulfurhead but we can't just add 1 fish so that's why I even got the blue one. Hopefully he turns out pretty. I think he looks nice now.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Those both look hormoned to me, which is why they look weird.

Probably Fryeri-ish, but it may look dark and colorless soon as the hormones wear off. Only males show color, but the hormones make it impossible to tell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dark blue one is all the same fish. Are you saying the sulfurhead looks hormone as well?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts