Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gallon tank with these africans and i want to put more.

Please can you help me decide. I have

1 Male Chipokae 5"
1 Female Kenyi 5"
1 Female Hongi 4"
1 Male Afra 3"
1 Female Afra 3"
1 Unknown Albino Mbuna 3"

what should I add or take out, I would like to keep the Kenyi for sure but if i have to i will get rid of the Chipokae I will. thaks

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
I think the reason you aren't getting a lot of replies is that no one can think of a way to do what you want. :(

If you already have a post going and you want more replies, you can bump it (wait 24-48 hours though) once to see if you can get more. This is better than starting a new post on the same topic.

If you want to try the tank, I'd remove the melanochromis, the afra and the unknown. And I'd do 1m:7f kenyi. See what happens. Make sure you have a plan for what to do with the kenyi if there is too much fighting/killing.

Or, get a 75G tank.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay already have another Kenyi "1"

Can I have any tank mates with the Kenyi's in a 55?
Im planning on getting 75-100 Gallon in about six months, but only have a 55 now.

Is there any tank mates that will work with 8 kenyi's in a 55 gallon?

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
Even the kenyi's have a poor chance for success in a 55G...this is just something you want to try no matter what. Best to wait for any additional fish until you actually have the 75G or larger.

Even then you may only want two species if one is kenyi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.