Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some misc. potted floor plants that are not in use so I am going to give them a try behind (and to be clear, outside) my tank. I have about four feet of room behind the tank currently. I opted to not finish the back of the tank/glass so that I could service the tank and enjoy the tank while I am on that side. I hung some cheap black curtains so when you look through the tank from the front you see curtains rather than basement walls and boxes. I am placing the plants along the back long side of the tank. It will block "easy" access but still workable. I am going to look for some up lights Placed at the base of the plants so the plants stand out a bit. Has anyone done something along these lines they want to share or share photos with me?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, next trip down. I was thinking small uplights first but then think I will have multiple cords. I then changed to a low voltage trac light mounted on the base of the tank stand shining up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few pictures. I am thinking maybe to build a couple small rolling carts to set the plants on and maybe the fixture then they can be easily rolled out of the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I ordered the light fixture shown in the earlier post. Mounting a 2' by 4' board to a flat dolly I already had, which will hold three or four plants. I am trying different positions to see what has the best look. I wrapped the fluval output hose in a faux birch bark ribbon. I sos have two four ft. led shop lights over the plants.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The light fixture came and it is pretty good, but I am going to add one more as one doesn't give enough light. If I turn on the two, four foot shop lights that are overhead it looks real good. I don't really know which I like better so I will try both over time. Here is a picture of each.
image.jpeg

The bark wrap looks pretty good. I added a stuffed animal to one of the trees and it was a real hit with the grandkids!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts