Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with these? What is the growth rate of them? What sizes do you expect to get from males, females?

Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've read that article before, I just like hearing about people's experiences with fish.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
They are pretty meek, they don't seem to grow very fast in mix tanks. Might grow faster in a species tank.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have 6 of these in my 450gal, along with 3 Protomelas sp. taiwan reef, 2 Dolphin moori, and the 15 Frontosa. The Taiwan reef grew very quickly, followed by star sapphire, Dolphin moori were slow growers, almost as slow as the Frontosa.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use to breed these fish a few years back. Very slow growers, maybe not as slow as dolphins and vc-10's. I have a male 6-7" in my all male fairly aggressive 220g tank with champs, buccos, venustus, tyrannochromis, and he does fine with them. Never gets picked on and does what he wants to do. They are not aggressive with other fish but can hold their on. They are not instigators so maybe that's why they will coexist in my aggressive tank.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! All very helpful info with your experiences! I had it in my mind that they wouldn't be instigators, but its also good to know they can hold their own. I was thinking that they would maybe wilt to some of the more bold species.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts