Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can purchase relatively large peices of drift wood......like branches......everytime i look for driftwood its just a single piece, and not exactly what i had in mind, or its fake and has fake plants "growing" out of it, which doesnt appeal to me. I see tanks on here that have a amazing pieces, but dont know where/how they got them :-? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
877 Posts
if you go to ebay and search for malaysian driftwood theres a huge selection of different types of pieces. i have bought two pieces on there and really like both. make sure you look how much the shipping is for the items you bid on. nothing worse than buying a 10 dollar item and paying 30 bucks for shipping

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with HONDO! I have bought a lot of large pieces of driftwood through ebay!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks ya i looked on there and it seems like there is quite a big selection.....you really can buy ANYTHING on ebay! :lol:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
http://www.tedsfishroom.com/wp/

Ted's Fishroom... he has a good reputation and has seemed like a really good guy to work with on the few occasions I've talked with him...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot, i guess i should've looked harder lol

·
Registered
877 Posts
in my experience, most of the driftwood on ebay comes from the same person/place. the name i believe is rockartsource or something. thats where all the wood i have from ebay has come from and i have had nothing but great experiences. sent quickly, wood is ready to go in the tank when you get it. all very nice pieces. sounds to me like its some dude who lives on the water down in texas, picks up wood, treats it and sells it on ebay for 100% profit. nice little gig if you ask me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
**** ya, 100% profit is always good, lol......ya, he definitely has some nice pieces too

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what his ad says, he soaks it, then "cooks" it up to 250, then soaks it again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts