Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any pics of either of these oscars have had red,tiger,and albino they are all sadly gone.My tiger didnt make it when i switched him to my 80g from my 55g.My albino got ich from a bloodparrot i saved,and the red was killed by my jag,Hoping to try again after a few months without a oscar in my tank but was looking into a pink or a veiltail.I heard they differ a little in size and temperment is this true?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I googled these veiltails for you http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&q...=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1328&bih=885

I don't know what copyrights would apply so theres the link. I'm personally not a fan of them. I have heard they are smaller on average but that's just what i've heard. Temperment, in my opinion is exactly that. Each fish will display his/her own behaviour to a point. I had several oscars from the exact same batch 2 were really cool fish and the other was just a huge JERK. like for 3.5" not like he was mature or anything.. just a jerk...

you never know for sure

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help.The pics where hepful,but i cant find any in my area.The only thing i can find usually are reds and tigers with the ocational albino tiger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks it did help im a little closer to getting one found somewhere thats waiting for the next shipment.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Oh, awesome! Is it a website?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No its a petstore but i got started talking about the pics and web sites from the replies i got here and someone actually overheard me while at another petstore (picking up bloodworms and beefheart) And sent me to the one that could have them(been there plenty of times picked up my ebjds there)they had some they called ruby oscars it remined me of a albino red if that makes any sense?has anyone ever herd of a ruby oscar?just they sometimes call a fish by another name to sound different(when i bought the ebjd they called them powder blues and said they where different then the electric blues)

·
Registered
373 Posts
That is kind of weird actually. I would look into it, but it could just be a Red Oscar that has been breed to have a more prominent red in them.

If you find any good veiltail dealers online, let me know though!

·
Registered
373 Posts
No problem. Could you help me out with an Oscar question though?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, I was wondering what you thought of an Oscar living under a "moonlight" bulb made for corals (I know) but in the Oscars natural habitat, they live in murky water, and barely any lights gets to them, and I know they hate bright lights, so maybe the "moonlight" bulb would be good? or no?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts