Cichlid Fish Forum banner

pink convicts

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  polyophio 
#1 ·
I have 2 pink convicts and 2 firemouths. One of the pink convicts was rubbing it sides on the rocks on the bottom of the tank. The next morning it was dead. It appears normal (no bloated belly or visible marks). I checked the water conditions and they was fine. I used the api master test kit. We also had 2 pictus catfish for about 2 weeks and 3 days ago they both died over night. The pink convict and the 2 firemouth used to be very active. Now they just hid in the plastic plants together. We notice the one of the firemouth has little white specks on it. We tried to look on the pink convict but it is pretty white so we can't tell. Does anyone has any suggestions as to what is wrong?

#5 ·
Thanks for all the help. I am sad to say we lost all but 2 of our Firemouths to ick. They are doing great now and have doubled in size . Since then we have added 2 more Firemouths, 2 unknown cichlids, 2 Pictus cats(from a reputable pet store), 1 Gold Nugget Pleco and a Guppy my son brought home on the last day of school. All are doing well and are growing fast.

Again thanks for all the help.

Brian

#6 ·
If you post some pics of the unidentified cichlids i'm sure one of us can tell you what they are. Also, I wouldn't let your son get too attatched to the guppy, It will end up as food soon enough.

#7 ·
MetalHead06351 said:
If you post some pics of the unidentified cichlids i'm sure one of us can tell you what they are.
I will get some pics tonight and post them up. I can't seem to find anythingthat looks like them so far.

MetalHead06351 said:
Also, I wouldn't let your son get too attatched to the guppy, It will end up as food soon enough.
I told him that when he brought it home. He understands predation. We have a few reptiles that we care for. I'm actually suprized the Guppy has lasted this long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.