Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, pineapple severum's began showing up in local fish stores. I have seen some postings online all from that time period. A few months ago, I found one at my LFS. He/She is still rather small... only about 2 inches or so. Does anyone have pictures of these fish as they have aged? I adore my little fish and would love more if anyone knows where I can get more. And rest assured severum lovers, these little guys have not been dyed!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There are a lot of post on this, some with pictures. But not any similarity between the pictures. I think this is a catchy name for severums to be sold under so people think they are getting something special.

Some are balloon bodied some turn yellow some like mine appear to be turquoise. There does not seem to be any continuity in the fish. Do a search on this forum and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have a group of pineapple severums that I bought several months ago that I have frustratingly not been able to identify. They are olive drab in color. Lack a stripe through the eye, have minimal banding, and have a shorter snout and rounder and less compressed body than other severums I have seen. I also have a group of turquoise severums (Heros appendiculatus) that I picked up more recently in another tank and the differences in body shape are very apparent.

Does anyone know what species the pineapple severum belongs to? Or is it a hybrid created from the severum and some other fish?

Andy

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have a group of pineapple severums that I bought several months ago that I have frustratingly not been able to identify. They are olive drab in color. Lack a stripe through the eye, have minimal banding, and have a shorter snout and rounder and less compressed body than other severums I have seen. I also have a group of turquoise severums (Heros appendiculatus) that I picked up more recently in another tank and the differences in body shape are very apparent.

Does anyone know what species the pineapple severum belongs to? Or is it a hybrid created from the severum and some other fish?

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts