Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was some doubt as to what fish I've kept with Ventralis so here is some

They are still young in some pictures but here..

In a tank at my friends place with Frontosa and Calvus

This is them with Spilopterus

With Tropheus and Leleupi

With Diagramma

With Kilesa and Nigripinnis

and no pictures yet but I have zongwe with my Ochrogenys and Leptosoma Kigoma

·
Registered
35 Posts
what is that in gallons? how big are they now and who are their tankmates, i have furcifers but not sure who they are compatible with.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah furcifer aren't compatible since they are both featherfins

tank mates have been listed in the posts
and they're adults, at a guess about 15cm

no idea what it is in gallons though

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Nice pictures! I don't think anyone doubted that you had kept Ventralis with your other species, just doubted the wisdom of doing so. :D

A few questions for you, because it's always encouraging to see success stories rather than bloody rampages-

Which of these species were breeding when kept with ventralis, and were the ventralis breeding as well? It looks like a few of the tanks were not yet mature...

Have you worked with your Ventralis for a couple generations? Or- is this the same group in all the tanks? I'm curious as to whether a particular line might be better tankmates. (I've had some real bruisers that make me shy away from those species, and yet I have some of the calmest of other species, so just trying to figure out what factors may affect fish behavior.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the Diagramma and Tropheus were breeding as well when the Ventralis Isanga were with them
But then Isanga were breeding when with the spilopterus and now the frontosa and calvus
However yeah it was the same group throughout

Except I had Zongwe with the Kilesa, Nigripinnis and now the Zongwe are with Ochrogenys and Leptosoma

I have placed an order to import Ventralis Chisanse which will go into the 7ft with Ochrogenys, sunflowers, leptos etc. and giving my Zongwe to a friend

I have another friend, Ad konings has been to his place before, he has another variant of WC Ventralis and says they're the calmest fish he's every kept

:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts