Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new camera for Christmas so I thought I'd share some new pictures. It's my first DSLR camera so I'm still learning how to take good pictures with it. Fish in these pictures are between 2.5 and 3 inches and are starting to show some good color.

Lemon Jake

Malawi Butterfly

Kyoga Flameback

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Full tank shot?!

Those are some of the cleanest photos I've ever seen of fish. Might not win for "style points," but for reference photos, those are amazing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm really enjoying trying to get the most out of this camera. It's a Canon Rebel T2i.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice. Were you on a tripod? What settings?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I was using a tripod. Taken at night with all room lights off, using telephoto 70-300mm lens about 6ft from the tank, angled slightly down.

Exposure: 1/60 sec
F-stop: f/5
Flash: Built-in only

·
Registered
291 Posts
koslonc said:
Yes, I was using a tripod. Taken at night with all room lights off, using telephoto 70-300mm lens about 6ft from the tank, angled slightly down.

Thanks! Good info. :thumb:

Did you crop these pics? I can't see any of the tank background? Post process?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, each is cropped about 25%. My background is black so most shots end up with a solid black background. No post processing on the fish themselves. I get about 1 usable shot from every 20-25 I take.

·
Registered
291 Posts
koslonc said:

Cool! I wish I had a 300m lens.. but all in due time. :drooling: What was your ISO?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts