Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year everyone. Lately I have been adding some new fish to my tank. Slowly over the years I have lost some fish mostly due to old age. I have not been restocking and the population dropped to about 6 fish from 10 five years ago. Sow it was time to go to the fish store and get these cuities.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Nice looking group of cuties. Is it my imagination or do young fish really have a wide eyed look like they are amazed? :p

Looks like they are just getting to know the new place. I wonder if you still have the older fish in the tank and what interaction you found between the two groups. I often read about new fish being hard to fit in with established fish but I don't usually find that a problem. Any problems in your tank?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no not really any problems with the older fish. My large ice blue zebra the king of the tank does not even notice them except when the are in his cave. The older labs do chase a little just to show who is boss. I am getting more chasing amongst the new guys themselvs. Now I suspect if I introduced mature fish into the tank that would be much different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts