Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new camera (Nikon D40 with 55-200 VR lens) recently and had a chance to snap a few shots of my fish

Here's my male Bolivian

And my sev (with emperor tetras in the background, male above, female below)

Sorry about the water spots!! :roll:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Andrew,...very good looking fish and great pics :thumb: Only you need to clean the glass first :lol: So one thing is for sure,...the nikon makes great pics of stunning fish :)

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hey bud, looking good!

Nice young Rotkeil, looks pretty similar to mine when I first got him. Should grow up to be a stunner. I have to agree with Ruurd though, clean that glass bro! That pic of the sev is great and it would be even more striking if there weren't a whole load of spots to distract from the fish itself...

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Great pics of great fish!

Are you manually focusing? The infrared focus on my camera scares everyone away! :lol:

-Ryan

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Great looking little Bolivian! I love seeing pics that actually show the true colour on these guys. Everytime I make a pic with my camera, they look so washed out - nothing like they do in person!

Is the severum in with the Bolivians?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now they're together and everyone's getting along but I have another tank that he'll be moving into before I run into any problems with him and my rams and also so he'll stop eating my plants :roll:

That was auto focus, I'd only just gotten the camera that day and hadn't had a chance to play with it very much (or clean the glass :oops: ) yet at that point but I've been playing with it a lot more since then and hope to get a few better pictures of all my fish.

He's slightly larger than 3" body (basically the size of my male ram inc. tail, plus a tail more)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's another shot of my sev without so many water spots - I didn't clean the tank, he was just cooperating better :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts