Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Aqua1 620t setup. . . . One mistake I think I made, was to get the tall setup, where as a shorter tank with the same blue-print would probably have been as good.
130 Leters / Aprox. 34 US Gallons

I'm planning to put multies and maybe another variety of shell dweller.

Do you think the multies will be happy with those shells? Or are they likely to prefer shells that they can move?

Any suggestions welcome :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice looking tank! Multies are not picky about shells but you might want to look for some escargot shells for a more natural look.

As for two species of shell dweller I wouldn't try it. They would compete for shells and one species wouldn't make it. Somthing to fill those rocks would be a better idea, Altos, julies, maybe paracyps. Keep us posted on how you fill it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys for that, I was originally going to do Altos or Julies with the multies, the for some reason got the idea that two shellies would be better.

Glad you have corrected me on the matter, and now I can go back to thinking about adding Altos or Julies.

Getting excited Now! :dancing: and looking forward to adding my 6-8 multies!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Slight change of plan, I decided in the end to go with 2 pair of Brevis, instead of multies for this tank. Next in . . . some Julidochromis Transcriptus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts