Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first try at keeping African Cichlids started Sep 2010, and now for the first time, one of my fish is holding. It's exciting and I wanted to share some photos.

and...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Nice!! Wow she must be small still those eggs look huge in her mouth!

My aceis have spawned a couple times I think (once for sure) but a female has never held more than a few days and I've noticed their jaws don't distend as much as my other malawis so sometimes I have a hard time telling if they're holding. No doubt about yours though, great pics!

·
Registered
81 Posts
nice,.. I have one of those fish I call it the BLUE DOLPHIN :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a shot I got where you can see a little eyeball through her throat area and one through her mouth opening.

I have her isolated in a 10 gallon now for spitting. There are plants and stacked rocks for hiding, but no substrate. I hope she doesn't eat the fry after releasing them.

She has been taking in very small pieces of spirulina flakes I put in for her now and then.

:D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Good luck with the fry.

The fish looks gr8 holding...

·
Registered
23 Posts
hcubed said:
Here's a shot I got where you can see a little eyeball through her throat area and one through her mouth opening.

I have her isolated in a 10 gallon now for spitting. There are plants and stacked rocks for hiding, but no substrate. I hope she doesn't eat the fry after releasing them.

She has been taking in very small pieces of spirulina flakes I put in for her now and then.

:D
I love this pic! Congrats on the holding mother.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
taxxara: I used a Nikon D40 camera, but the real star is the Nikkor-Micro 105mm lens I use on it with a tripod, combined with lots of patience and persistence. :)

Thanks, all, for the compliments and good thoughts.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Dude, seriously, what camera & lens did you use? I definitely can't get that level of detail with my DSLR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts