Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted photos of my young Acei holding, a couple weeks ago, so I thought I'd put up a photo of one of the fry for those who would like to see.

It's not a great, clear photo, but these little guys are darn tough to photograph! They are so tiny, always moving, and usually in the shadows--doesn't make for good picture-taking.

This is my first and the Acei's first experience with fry. She's young and small. I only count 6 fry. She is disinterested in them since releasing--no aggression, no protection. Is this typical for Acei or just an inexperienced mother?

She is in the 10 gallon with fry now (3rd day after releasing) but I think I will return her to the main tank very soon. She looks pretty healthy and ready to have some room to get around.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrats.

I have read that 3 days is the most that you should keep a mom with the fry if kept beyond that she can eat the fry.

People with more experience will surely correct me if I am wrong...

·
Registered
372 Posts
monisaab said:
Congrats.

I have read that 3 days is the most that you should keep a mom with the fry if kept beyond that she can eat the fry.

People with more experience will surely correct me if I am wrong...
Agreed, never tried it but read it multiple times on this forum. Get the mother out ASAP.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
I usually wait only 24 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts