Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most of the pool stores around me are closed not sure when they are opening so trying to think of other sand that can be used thats the same size tried play sand once and didnt like it was to small for my liking is there anything else out there thats fairly cheap?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I went to the local cement plant and got what they call Mason Sand. Its just silica sand. Thats what I am using in my 75 right now I really like it. Its about $5 for 100lbs but you do need to rinse it well. Not as clean as PFS but about the same size and heavy enough that it doesn't blow around and when you turn it with your fingers it just sinks right back down.

·
Registered
452 Posts
What size tank are you needing it for? I have some black 3m sand I could part with when you pick up your fish ... Just needs to be rinsed and it's ready to go.

Have some shells too ....

And some tanks ....

:thumb:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found a store close took me looking up hot tubs and spas to find the store but said they had some in so thats a plus :thumb: and it isnt hour away haha even better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.