Cichlid Fish Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I have some good stock of mbuna and I have tried to find other people in the socal area with in the hobbie to make connections. It seems as tho the hobbie out here in socal has died out. Any info would be great. thanks
p.s I used to get all my stock from this guys back in the mid 90's in socal His first name was Frank I dont remember his last name but he used to sell his fish out of his garage in the Antelope Valley Ca. Its a long shot to find him but any info would be great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im from socal years removed from the hobbie looking to stock my new 125. *** come up with a list , if anyone has fry 1.5- 2 inch id be highly interested

Metriaclima. Zebra chilumba" Luwino Reef
ps. elongatus chewere
Metriaclima. membe deep
Pseudotropheus saulosi
Pseudotropheus zebra long pelvic
cynotilapia afra mara point ...... wouldnt mind the Cobue, Hara or the kingsizi. but only looking for one of these species
Pseudotropheus Zebra Gold Kakusa

This is a wish list and im looking to build this stock around the Chilumba. *** spent the last few months tring to track this list down any opions on the list or help would awsome!!!! i dont mind paying for shiping or making long drives to get what i want.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Outcastgsx and Trench try a Want Ad in the Trading Post.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yea SoCal seems to have alot of salty's. I no longer deal with mbuna but if peacocks or haps or vic's is your thing send me a PM. I know a guy in Apple Valley Ca that has a nice selection od all types of africans. "lennysfishroom" I believe, well his name is Lenny and has a huge fish room in his backyard and gives awsome prices. PM if intrested and I can get a phone number for you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What up Trench! haha, Yeah it does seem there is more saltwater fish out here than african cichlids. Thanks for the help tho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whats going on man. i belive that lack of Mbuna in Socal is do to the death of Mom and Pop Lfs. Kinnda hard to Fuel a hobbie with the selection that Petsmart has and the cost of shipping. but hey maybe some people like the asorted african cichlids and a sick Oscar from the chains lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also apolgize to the Moderator, i have in fact been to the trading post many of times and *** been on the hunt for the fish i want for a good 2 months now. My goal is just to find people in my area with the same interest. I know theres some people from the Mid 90's that use to Deal with Frank in palmdale just leaving no stone unturned!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.