Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im an australian and i just bought a american marineland penguin 200 of the net and cant figure out whether its 110v or 110/220v... ? :eek: ?
*** bought stuff off ebay from USA (resun cannister) before and it usually says 110v/240v on the box, item or compliance label... which means all you need is a plug converter $10 and hey presto! it works.
sadly it dosent say anywhereon my penguin 200 or the marineland site what power it can run on.
can anybody help me PLEASE help me out??? i REALLy dont wanna blow up my 1st penguin filter :(

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
In the US we use 110v as standard... and 220v items are labeled as such...

So if it does not designate itself as 220v then it's safe to assume it's 110v...

...and as a back up... I have a couple Penguin filters and they are all 110v...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these days ALOT of electrical appliances and other items are made not only in 110v or 240v, but are labelled "110/240v" this means they are capable of running on both, all you need is a plug converter.

my prob is i dunno if its "110/240v" or "110v"

like i said before, resun cannisters use this 110/240v, so i assumed marineland would...
however its not written anywhere on the filter, booklets, box or compliance label :x .

what should i do?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Everything in the USA, short of cooking ovens run on 110v. I would think it would be safest to try the 110v first, if it doesn't run, try the 240v. I wouldn't think you could harm it by undervolting it, but I am no electrician so take this with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe most stuff is auto-switching these days...

It should be listed on the box which voltages it's compatible with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts