Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Firstly Im really not clued up on cichlids.

My girlfriend has a tank with 5 cichlids in. All around 2 - 2.5 inches in length. There are three, what I believe are convict cichlids from the pictures *** seen. One of which seems blue-ish and the best looking out of the lot, Im assuming its the male. Then there are 2 dull fish. Anyway, one of the duller fish, is quite a bit bigger then all the other cichlids, and as from today, its hiding in the make-shift cave in the tank. It chases all the other fish away, and it only comes out for the occassional display of agression before it swims back to its cave.

Now please remember I know nothing of these fish, but I was wondering, could it be something to do with eggs? Breeding?

Another wierd thing is that all the other fish seem to only swim in the region of the cave.

Your comments would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
I agree. Pics would be great. Also how large is this tank? How long have you had them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys, Ill post pics as soon as I can.Unfortunately my camera was stolen.

Its my girlfriends fish, she has had them about 5 months. The tank is too small I think, its 20-odd gallons.

There is lots of cover for the fish, theres only 5 of them.

This one that I have spoken above, is just completely harrasing the others. It waits for anything to come close and attacks it from its cave. The fish is for some reason growing much faster than the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.