Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I would like to see some pics of these peacocks if you have them or previously have had them. I know sometimes fish don't always look as good as their profiles on this forum, and sometimes can look better so I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some feedback, also what tank size and tankmates you have kept with these guys :dancing:

Aulonocara sp. "Chitande Type North", Aulonocara ethelwynnae, Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda", Aulonocara masoni, Aulonocara stuartgranti (Hai Reef), Aulonocara stuartgranti (Usisya).

What I'm really looking at getting is masoni, either ruby red or german red, stuartgranti hai reed or usisya, and then possibly one more. Thanks for any help again :fish: :fish:

·
Banned
406 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have every fish on your list, LOL! Currently, all are housed in a 150 gal.

If you want bright blue- go for the Masoni. Mine colored up and looks just like the profile pictures.
Same goes for the Usisyas and Rubys. -All of mine have always colored up.
If you want some serious, awesome looking fins then go for the Lwanda. 8)
-I've never had a problem with the Lwandas- and they always color up like you see on the web. I will say though, Lwandas tend to be on the more aggressive side.

Now, out of all the peacocks I have owned, the "Chitande Type North" never gets as vibrant as some of the other peacocks (and the profiles you see on the web). But that has just been my personal experience.

·
Registered
554 Posts
:popcorn: more pics!
Fishies pretty!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Oh- forgot tankmates, here's the list:

Peacocks
A. baenschi
Jacobfreibergi Lemon "Undu"
Jacobfreibergi "Euerka"
Jacobfreibergi "Hongi"
Sp. Lwanda
Stuartgranti "Ngara"
Stuartgranti "Usisya"
Stuartgranti Masoni "Chitimba"
Stuartgranti "Undu Blue Neon"
Stuartgranti "Red Shoulder"
Chitende Type North "Nkhata" Yellow Head
A. Ruby Red
A. Dragonblood

Haps
Protomelas sp. steveni "Taiwan Reef"
Placidochromis sp. ''johnstoni solo''
Copadichromis trewavasae Likoma ''Ivoryhead Mloto''
Placidochromis sp. ''Phenochilus Tanzania'' Lupingu
Placidochromis electra Likoma ''Deep Water'' Electra

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Had a Ruby Red and a Flavescent, never got any pics of the Flavescent before I found him belly up. Had him for a few months, think he got bullied overnight. Was a shame...

Here is my recently traded away Rubescens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.