Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will peacocks go after 11/2" synodontis? i would like to add some to my tank but don't want to pay a high price for larger ones.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not a hope.
Even really large predatious fish would struggle to swollow one never mine a Peacock.
What species do you intend keeping.
I have kept over twenty different species of Syno and I might be able to give some advice
on the species you intend keeping.

My favourite would be a group of Petricola. Not overly aggressive and wont effect spawning
cichlids like the Multipunctatus.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have 3 in my tank had them for almost two years now, i had no trouble! Even when i had Mbuna. I put 6 in my other tank and no trouble at all.

Hope that helps, just give them some caves they feel more comfy in caves

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we were looking at 5-6 nigriventris. don't really want to spend a fortune on them. have been getting male peacocks & they have been somewhat costly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got 5 of petricola 1 1/4 " last week. Guess what... my peacock and hap go after them soon as i put them in my tank. 10 mins later. Ony one left.Well but my peacock and haps are full size . Most are 4" to 6 ". So good luck

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I've had multipunctatus with male peacocks and haps, and now have lucippinis with a colony of blue orchid peacocks. I've never had an problem. I rarely even have any interaction at all between the top groups . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts