Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 75 gal all-male setup (9 fish total) & am interested in adding a breeding group. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that seems to be the consensus. my hubby really wanted to do the all-male tank but i miss the male-female interaction.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have a 125gal male peacock and hap tank and I have had a breeding group of yellow labs and currently have a breeding group of white tail acei in my tank. I have not noticed any extra aggression out of any of my haps or peacocks. They do not seem to even notice the female acei. I did have my Fryeri try to breed with a yellow lab once...but other than that I have not experience problems.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have heard that you can possibly get away with yellow labs. i have not had problems with the boys in the tank excpet for an occassional chase. i may give yellow labs a try. is there anything else that may be a better choice?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
most of my peacocks are haps are in the 4-5 inch range. if i add labs as juvies (11/2-2 inch), would i stand a better chance?

·
Registered
284 Posts
*** found that adding fish that are a little bit smaller than my existing group and in groups of 3 or more works best. If they are too big they affect my hierarchy and get beat up, but if they are too small they become snacks...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think that i will give it a try. thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts