Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think I have a 72gal with 10 peacocks and a pleco, want to add a rainbow shark to the tank. Will it work??????

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have never kept one but I have hear some very bad stories and they are quite aggressive with any fish.
If you would like to try just keep a very close eye on him as he get bigger.
good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
245 Posts
mine is very large and aggressive with other fish. i have had him kill a few fish over the years. so far the only thing i have been able to keep him with successfully is my mbuna. He still is aggressive towards them but he can't really hurt them or catch them so he just gets angry

·
Registered
533 Posts
I keep one in a 29G with an angel and some tetras. No problems here and he is over a year old, but they all have different personalities. They do need lots of hiding places.

I do wonder how it would get along in my mbuna tank though as I could move him over and give him more space but I am afraid the mbunas would be too mean.

I hope to read some more replies. . .

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
This fish can become quite large and is known to be aggressive. When they are small you will likely not have any issues, though YMMV. As they grow they can become much more aggressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts