Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 80 gallon Blow Front Tank (4ft Long) and I have 2 Red Zebras, 1 Pearl Zebra 2 Aeci, 2 Cobalts, and 2 Electric Yellows. My Question is what Peacocks can I put in the tank?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think with the eventual (or existing) aggressiveness of the zebra's, your only choice could be a Jacobfreibergi of some kind. Then again this is still a slim chance. It all really depends on the overall temperament of your existing stock. :)

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Wait, you already have 5 species in a 4 foot tank. If you are going to keep breeding groups, I wouldn't add any species, but instead, I would add females of the species you already have.

If you want an all male tank, remove all females and any extra males until you have one of each species. Then I might try some of the very aggressive peacocks, but as rsuarez1982 said, it may not work. You might have to remove the zebras and just keep the peacocks with the acei and labs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Zebras tend to stress peacocks to death, literally.. As has been mentioned already, a Jacobfreibergi MIGHT work although I dont think it will because Red Zebras are very agressive.

Myself, I wouldnt try it again. I lost alot of peacocks in my early days because the LFS said they can live with zebras... they simply cannot.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Jakes for sure as the best Peacock with Mbuna but would be best to get these settled before adding the Mbuna. Not sure I would try these guys now (in a tank so small) as your Mbuna (and not the easiest going of the Mbuna) have settled.

·
Registered
796 Posts
What a ob peacock i don't think it would kill things but it would be able to hold its own. It might cross with some of your fish if you have females just don't sell your fry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts