Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 125, I have a a good stocking of all male peacocks and haps. Other than the occasional chase, all is going pretty good. I am wanting to add a couple more fish to complete the tank (Flavescent, and a Lwanda). My question is mostly for the flavescent, I currently have a lemon jake, benga, German red, and a Rubecent in the tank. Am I asking for trouble introducing another yellow bodied peacock into this tank? I know the german red and rubecent are orangish, but they are line bred from yellow strains. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
40,716 Posts
I think the flavescent (usisya) would be OK with the benga...usisya worked for me with maleri and not sure why. Not sure about the lemon jake. Often they make other more timid peacocks like the benga color down.

I am surprised the german red and the rubescens don't fight...same fish I believe.

There are so many options...why stock look alike fish?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Rubescens I sort of inherited, otherwise I wouldnt have him. As far as the others, I really like the subtle differences in the 3 yellowish fish. 1 is pretty much all yellow, 1 is mainly blue with yellow fins and the other is yellow with blue fins.

·
Super Moderator
40,716 Posts
Just saying the fish don't always recognize the subtle differences. Male tanks can be hit or miss anyway. As long as you have a rehoming plan and don't mind pulling out any individuals that don't work, nothing wrong with trying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts