Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dominant male. Largest in the tank. I've checked out many pictures but can seem to pinpoint it. Thanks.

[/url]

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Think you have a Malawi Hap and a cracker. Not Aulonocara but a good fish. Kind of stuggling on an exact ID so many Mallawi Haps I am pretty sure I have seen this one (but not kept it) but my memory is not what it used to be. :oops: :)

All the best James

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was labeled as a peacock when I bought it :-? Guess I might have to change my sig. Perplexed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It does look like a member of the Placidochromis species. Thanks!

·
Registered
551 Posts
That looks a bit odd to me, almost looks like a cross between Placidochromis electra and a Buccochromis. :-?

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
etcbrown said:
That looks a bit odd to me, almost looks like a cross between Placidochromis electra and a Buccochromis. :-?
You know I was thinking he does look better than most Placidochromis electra.
Better fin extentions better colour. Kind of did not want to suggest hybrid as it could be a different species or regional variant. I think he may well be a Placidochromis or a different genus and not the regular electra we regularly see.
Just how big is he? electra is quite a small hap so maybe that might help jog someones memory of a big bold hap that looks a bit like regular electra.

All the best James

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another more recent picture. The fish is 5-6 inches long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts