Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an entire can of new life spectrum for tropical fish that i used 1 time and it made some of my community tank fish bloat right after so i stashed it and havnt used it since.
Would it be an issue to feed it to my Peacock cichlids? Expiration date is still very far out.
Currently i feed them every other day. 1 cube of beef hearts and a pinch of omega one cichlid flake.
I pretty much got it down where all 16 fish will have it all consumed in 2min or less. Should i change anything on my current schedule of feeding?

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
It should be just fine to feed the NLS for tropical fish to your peacock cichlids. Is it pellet or flake food? Either is fine.

I would stop feeding beef heart cubes to them however, they don't need it and mammal meat isn't a good choice for fish.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NLS are pellets.
So my next question is how many pellets do you feed 16 of these guys of different sizes?

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
Whatever they can eat in 30 seconds.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJRansome said:
Whatever they can eat in 30 seconds.
What are your recommended feeding times? Every day,every other day, twice a day but smaller amounts?
Where does your 30 second feeding time fall into?

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
I do 1X daily and frequently skip 1 day/week. Evening usually.

·
Registered
57 Posts
it can depend on the size of the pellets
i have seen posts where they recommend soaking before feeding them as they can swell after swallowing
that could be the reason for the problems with the other fish

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
Years ago pellet may have used cheap filler. No need to soak the quality pellets today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.