Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a video or web page that shows the different stages of growth for peacock eggs? I have my first batch tumbling and I want to know how to tell if the eggs are good. Google hasn't provided me with good search results on this subject!

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the eggs are light brown you are good. They'll then develop a line down the center. Then you may see a dot or two. Next you'll see the tail start to form opposite the dot or two. From there on it becomes a little obvious.

If after 3-4 days the eggs turn white then you have a bad batch. If the eggs are white from the start they are not fertilized.

There are a ton of videos on youtube. At one point I found one that showed a daily progress but I can't seem to find it right now.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... =0&spell=1

·
Registered
106 Posts
You should see little tails forming after just a few days. Be sure to remove any eggs that turn white from fungus. Here's a few pictures I took of my flametail peacock eggs developing in the tumbler. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thank you so much, those photos are incredible! Can I have your permission to save those for my records? Also, that is a very nice egg tumbler. Did you make it yourself?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, I bought the tumbler from a seller on aquabid. Sure you can save and use the photos if you'd like. Good luck with those eggs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts