Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

As many of you may know I've had a few issues with my first ever mbuna tank and hopefully this should sort itself out over the coming months. However *** lost no fish over the last 3 months and have one baby fry in a tiny separate tank + learnt loads from the forum.

I've already been thinking of my next tank but space is an issue, would love a four footer but its just not possible.

I really wanna do things right this time, proper filter media, not the **** that seems to come with most canister filters and a proper fishless cycle with ammonia.

Would it be possible (fingers crossed) to keep a few peacock cichlids in a fluval roma tank - 100x40x55cm (L,W,H). Or 3-4 labs with a few peacocks..?

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
This is a 40" tank. You could do a single species of small timid peacocks like Kandeense (ones that would not normally color in a multi species tank). This would be mixed gender...I would not attempt all-male in anything smaller than 48".

I have also done mixed gender timid haps like Lethrinops with 1m:4f in a small tank like this.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Either 12 demasoni or 3m:9f saulosi. The saulosi is an easy tank...the demasoni are difficult to keep.

If you really, really want 2 species you could try 1m:4f saulosi and 1m:4f white labs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts