Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wonderering if anyone could make some suggestions on a few of the more peaceful mbuna species that might work to help fill out an all male peacock/hap tank. Tank is 75 gallons. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I actually already have a Labidochromis caeruleus & an Iodotropheus sprengerae. I'm glad to hear that the saulosi might work because i'd like to get a blue barred species & I figured that a demosoni was out of the question. How about a socolofi?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Just remember the "might work" part. :thumb: I have had Cynotilapia sp. hara kill peacocks so personally I would stick with labs. I believe Fogelhund has done the saulosi/peacock combo though.

Socolofi for me (a favorite) was aggressive on par with demasoni...maybe even a little more aggressive so that is one I would not try. If you want solid light blue acei has a better chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the info. Also what would be the general amount of fish allowed in this kind of setup, because I know that the overstocking method isn't ideal for haps & peacocks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts