Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have very recently acquired a partially blind African... He is VERY peaceful and there is 1 aggressive male bothering on and off. There is a good number of hiding places but bc he is impaired, he doesnt seem to find them and kind of hangs around the top of the tank. My question is - should i try to sell him or will the aggression calm down? Tips? Ideas?
I should also add that the aggressive one is bothering a new Victoria male as well.

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
I don't see how you can sell him. Can you give him his own tank? Were you not aware he had a vision impairment when you bought him?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I meant selling the aggressor, the sentence wasnt very clear. But to answer your question, i did not buy him.. He was given to me. The aggression is not bad, seems that the tank is large enough for everyone... I did some aquascaping and it has improved. Now i guess i am looking for tips/ideas on feeding a semi blind African.

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
My experience with them has not been good. Eventually they don't get enough food or get picked on. Occasionally the sight-challenged fish holds his own and does OK.

If he is not able to compete with the others for food, having his own tank will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts