Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Parrot fish in a 26 gallon take for a couple years. At 3.5", he has outgrown his tank and started to become aggressive towards his smaller tank mates in such a cramped tank. I've purchased a 60 gallon tank and I'm interested in filling it with Malawi fish. I've seen videos of overstocked tanks with Malawi and Parrots cohabitating, and from what I've read they can exist in comparable water conditions. I was looking for advice on what kind of Malawi would give me the best chance to be housed with the Parrot? I figure on the Parrot being the largest fish in the tank as his temperament would likely be better than a Mbuna or whatever I'd put in with him. I've never had an African Cichlid tank before so I'd like to avoid the especially aggressive and less hardy species. Breeding in the tank isn't a priority for me. I'm more interested in color variation amongst the species and manageable aggression. If the Parrot doesn't work out with the tank, I'll have to get rid of him so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
I've read very mixed reports on parrot fish with Malawi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts