Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a fish I got from a pet store about two months ago that I was told was a cichlid, I am not completely 100% sure of the type, it is about two inches at this point, but it is housed with three other cichlids (two males and a female) in a 55-gallon tank and they all get along great. However, about a week or so ago I noticed a small bump appearing on the fish's stomach area underneath. It started very small but tonight as I was feeding them I noticed it has grown a lot. My tank has been set up for the past 6 months and maintains a temperature of about 76 degrees. I did a water change yesterday and replaced the filter media as well. I was told the bump could possibly be parasite worms. The fish has been eating as normal, swimming around normally, and I haven't noticed any white or abnormal poop either. I couldn't find much information online about what this could be. I will attach pictures (sorry they are not the best quality or lighting). I would appreciate any help to as what this could be and how I can treat this ASAP. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
It's a peacock cichlid.

Just curious why you replaced your filter media? Did you have cycled material to use as back up? If not you should start testing your tank water just in case as your ammonia could increase.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
40,715 Posts
You could consider adding Epsom salts depending of the species of the other fish.

Sometimes it helps...sometimes it does not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts