Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a couple of African Cichlids for my tank and since then I have been having a parasite issue. A couple of my fish are flashing and scratching themselves on the rocks while others are not affected. The new cichlid has it the worst and clamps his fins and shimms often. I cannot find any evidence of ick and but I suspect it is velvet. I have tried raising the temp to 82 and using Cupramine but it did not work. Has anyone had a problem with parasites affecting the same host over and over? Anyway, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Personally I have never seen velvet on an african cichlid. You should be able to see it if they have it, try using a torch or catching the affected fish and viewing up close in good light. How long ago did you administer these treatments? Also, what are your water parameters and setup?
Ammonia/nitrite:
Nitrate:
Temp:
pH:
Tank size:
Fish in tank:
Filtration:
How long has tank been operational:

·
Administrator
41,517 Posts
This post might get more replies in the Illness forum. I don't have experience with ich or velvet so I did not reply earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.