Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30g heavily planted tank, driftwood, etc.

Do you think it would be okay to put 4 paradise fish w/ the following stocklist:

2 golden rams 1m/1f
1 betta male
1 dwarf honey gourami
1 bamboo shrimp
2 african frogs
11 rummynose tetras
6 corys
4 otos
1 hillman loach

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you know you can put paradise fish in cold water as well?

So you can keep them with goldfish etc..

But yeah they would go nicely with the fish you already have but apparently they are quite belligerant!!!

by the way are the frogs brown or white cos the white ones get big and kill your fish

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd lose the betta male. He'd be aggressive with the other anabantoids (paradise and gourami). Unfortunately, the betta wouldn't stand a chance. Let him go solo in his own tank. The gourami would likely be next on the PF hitlist as they are very similar and could lead to aggressiveness. Dwarf gourami tend to be less aggressive than their full-sized brethren, and the stress alone may kill him.

I know several people who've tried to keep dwarf gourami, but none have lived more than 7 mos. Mass production breeding, I guess.

Good luck with the community.

Regards,
-cd

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yea you can have them live in a bowl just like the Betta, just about any gourami can.

Male Betta and Paradise Gouramis wont get along. Also Paradise Gouramis can be pretty mean. I had one in with some Central american cichlids its own size and they would liplock and fight all the time. You will also run into problems having 4 paradise gouramis unless they are all female. Male anabantoids dont like other male anabantoids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.