Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so by request, here are some updated pics of my jags in their 125.

I was doing a big tank clean on this one when I took my other update pics.

These guys are doing good, but the female keeps eating their eggs after a day or two of them being fertilized. I don't think she wants to be a mom!

My male is up to about 7-8 inches at this point!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Oh wow, Andy.
Your Jaguars are just really nice. I love it! You own two absolute,

.....APEX PREDATORS....

They're GUAPOTE'S, Man! And in your aquarium, it looks like they're both just - chillin' out. Calm. (Little Fonzies?) Just as cool as can be. 8)
-
The markings and coloration on those two are quite informative, as well. The more northerly variant of this species usually shows that distinct speckling seen in yours. Southern specimens tend to exhibit more mottling, and bolder patterns. Traits that I see are exhibited in both of your Jags. Over the years it's entirely possible that your P. managuense have predecessors that have originated from both parts of Central America.
Very cool.
Thanks for sharing Andy. And, if you didn't know already.... you have the distinction of having the Only GUAPOTE'S shown on Cichlid Forum, in well over a year. Longer?
So please keep 'em coming! These pics you have shared with us of this journey with your pair of Jags, is something a lot of us on this site have enjoyed and followed pretty closely. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, it's been a journey for sure! Super interested about the markings. My male gets really beautiful in breeding dress- all sorts of colors in him!

I really enjoy all my tanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts