Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where else to ask this, but I need to paint the back of a new 125, and I can't really move it. there are other tanks in the room, and I wanted to spraypaint the back, will it harm the fish in the other tanks if I use spraypaint in the room?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance of using a spray. I would use can paint and roll it on. That way you know the fine mist isn't falling into your water. If you absolutey are set on spray paint, I would very carefully cover all of the tanks completely.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Vent the room with a fan. The VOC's of paint last about 24 hrs. Cover the tanks and sumps with plastic and blue tape it tight. Put air pumps outside so they bring in fresh air. May want to wait till the weather gets a little better for this project. Or roll on multiple coats of latex paint and not worry about it. I saw on here where someone put strips of blue tape over the latex so it was protected. good luck.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess latex is the best way, just have had issues with the latex pulling off before

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.