Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just put a black background on my tank manly for picture purposes but now the intake tube which is clear and the air line stick out like a sore thumb. I need a fish friendly paint so I can blend these eye sores into the background! Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
+1 to the krylon. But get the fusion type. It readily adhears to plastic without any sanding n allow to dry a few days to be safe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think melon for plastic would work on the trim of the tank? I bought a 125 it had the quod trim but the stand is black! So time to match the two suggestion

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Not quite sure what "Melon for Pastic" is but I for the trim you could either use the same Krylon Fusion or rough it up a little with some sandpaper and use Rustoleum. Since you need to get some Fusion for the other stuff I would just stick to using that since it is made to ahear to plastic.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Krylon fusion! That is what I wanted to say! Technology is great but man can it make you look like a fool. I am planning on taking some pictures before and after maybe I will post. The tank came with a stand that is even with the edges of the tank. I am going to give that a make over as well. Possible put a top on it and selving inside! Plans!!! I know my Hara really wont care but I hope they like it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts