Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Yellow Lab is holding eggs and being this is my 1st time with any of my fish having babies I am thrilled. I just want to make sure I do this right. I would like to know how long until the eggs hatch? Then how long until they use their yok sack up and I can start feeding them? I made a egg tumbler just encase I need it so I am trying to cover every angle. I have left her in the tank but removed two guys (a small JD & a Small Auratus) that where giving her troubles. The small yellow lab male is still in there and has not given her any problems so far. What do you think I should do here and can someone answer my questions? Thank You

The tank is a 55 gal (2months old)
3 cats & a sucker
male lab ( smaller then the female)
1 large angel
2 Gourami's
2 Kribensis
6 zebra Danio's
water is perfect

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have no idea when they hatch tbh would it even be considered hatching because when I had eggs in an egg tumbler it just looked like their body grew off the egg but anyway when I strip at day 14 they have a little egg sack left and by day 18 the egg sac is gone

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I think if you want to raise the fry, you should start a new tank and seed it with your existing filter media. The move the female. 18 days or so you can strip her and you'll have fry with no egg sac. Or maybe a little one.

Then I'd get rid of the gouramis and angel, as they won't be able to keep up with your mbuna. Kribs MIGHT be okay with labs, danios should be able to last. Then get 5-6 more labs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts