Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the second HOB, bubbler and plant in the mail today, I like the way it looks and the fish seem to love the new additions!

Critiques, compliments and suggestions always welcome!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know it looks that way, but in actuality, there is a lot more room in there. Almost all the Williamsi can and have fit in the center pile at once.
I did want thicker pieces, but these were all that was available in the area (that were reasonably priced).
Oh and the slate on the sides have room in between each; enough for 3-4 fish on each side, they love zipping in and out.
When the other fish get to adult size I may try to find thicker pieces and/or add some of those large Cichlid stones. Right now everyone seems to have a place :)

Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Is it slate? You might try flagstone for a thicker flat stone. It was a little pricey too though. I spent $40 for my 110g and it stacked up to about 16"~.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@RRasco, yeah maybe when it thaws out here I'll go check a landscape supply. Have no desire to brave the cold for rocks right now ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looking good Bonnie. :thumb:

As others have said, flagstone might be better as your fish grow and it can be had at a landscaping supply store for dirt cheap.

I just set up a tank for my buddy and we went with a 120lb sheet of flagstone to break up...It was less than $25.00 for the whole thing.

I'm going over to his house tomorrow to give him his first tutorial(the tank has only had fish for 1 week, so nothing has needed to be done yet except for feeding) and I'll try to remember to snap a picture.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks Benny71 (and I'm still scratching my head on how you know my first name, lol!)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Dwarfpike...ah, makes sense. I wasn't worried, just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
C'mon Bonnie, don't tell me you don't see me peeping in your window at night. :lol:

LOL, yeah it was plastered all over your pictures. :p

Anyway, to keep this somewhat on track( :D ), why did you turn that blue lever around on the Penguin on the left hand side?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Benny...ah ha, so it was you, I was about to send a few rounds over your head, lol...
As far as the lever goes I'm not sure what you mean. Those are mid-level intakes and I closed em on both sides to get more pull down low (to get the poo off the sand, haha). Is that what you were wondering about???

·
Registered
431 Posts
Fellow gun owner? :D

Yes, that is what I am talking about...I have several of those HOBs and the intake adjustment on the left filter is backwards from any I have seen(the lever is on the right side instead of the left).

BTW, don't you also have moon lighting for this tank? If so, I'd love to see a picture. :thumb:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, siree about the gun.

Oh, I see what you mean now...haha, I guess I was just being symmetrical without realizing. I just put the second HOB in today and didn't realize I put it that way. They are the same on both sides of that piece. Ah well, I don't think it really matters utility-wise, right?

Yes, I have moonlights, I will take a pic soon.

·
Registered
431 Posts
mrs.som said:
Yes, siree about the gun.

Oh, I see what you mean now...haha, I guess I was just being symmetrical without realizing. I just put the second HOB in today and didn't realize I put it that way. They are the same on both sides of that piece. Ah well, I don't think it really matters utility-wise, right?

Yes, I have moonlights, I will take a pic soon.
Yeah, I just realized that the intake is on the front and back, so all you did was put it on backwards.

I'm not sure why we are still talking about this, it really isn't worth talking about. LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.