Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum and looks like there's a lot of knowledgeable people and tons of information here so looking forward to getting involved.

Currently have a 260L/68 US Gal with just 5 P. Saulosi in. Time to get more fish. I love the idea of putting a small N. Multi colony in. Anyone any experience with this or insight to why it may be a bad idea.

I appreciate they are from different lakes but water parameters broadly similar. I would probably put all the rocks in one side and the sandy, open shelled area on the other so their 'areas' are apart.

Diet is the one thing I see being a problem. Saulosi predominantly algae based but some protein where multis liking more meaty with some algae based. I'm sure I could find a way to balance their diet or feed them more selectively.

Any help appreciated.

Gaz

·
Super Moderator
40,709 Posts
I had a "leftover" tank where I housed shellies and peaceful mbuna for a while. The shellies do not do well, I would not do it again. I had to separate them. More of an aggression issue than water parameters or food.

·
Registered
527 Posts
DJRansome said:
I had a "leftover" tank where I housed shellies and peaceful mbuna for a while. The shellies do not do well, I would not do it again. I had to separate them. More of an aggression issue than water parameters or food.
Totally agree. Mbuna and shellies are not a happy combination, especially for the shellies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts