Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on you thoughts of over stocking a 120gal with fx6, frequent water changes and oversized air pump

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
What are the dimensions? There is a level of overstocking that helps manage aggression, and then there is putting so many fish in the tank that they can't turn around without crossing the path of others.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Themaggot said:
Just curious on you thoughts of over stocking a 120gal with fx6, frequent water changes and oversized air pump
It really depends on what species/types of fishes you are keeping. Sometimes it's needed, sometimes it's a detriment. Which fishes do you plan on keeping?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fogelhund said:
Themaggot said:
Peacocks mostly, plecos and clowns. Probably a catfish too

It really depends on what species/types of fishes you are keeping. Sometimes it's needed, sometimes it's a detriment. Which fishes do you plan on keeping?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Themaggot said:
Fogelhund said:
Themaggot said:
Peacocks mostly, plecos and clowns. Probably a catfish too

So Peacocks. Are you keeping a breeding group, or mixed males? Any stocking list you are thinking of?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, in hindsight i should have done a little more research but, i do have a few other tanks that i can set up.
I have 6 mbuna. 2 sunrise, 2 albino, 1 red peacocks. 3 clown loaches, a red tail shark and a spotted catfish
I would probably like all male peacocks but 2 are f

1 - 9 of 9 Posts