Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a Rio HF 32 on my new set up. The over flows are drilled bulk heads at the top of the tank with DIY , drilled PVC caps for screens.
The over flows go to spray bars to the sump. At the end of one of the spray bars i am getting a end of the mustard bottle noise like there is air being forced out through the holes.

How can i remedy this? I was thinking maybe drilling a hole at the top side of the spray bar to relieve the compressed air, but i dont want it to turn into an upward spraying jet.

·
2,088 Posts
pastrycook3 said:
The over flows go to spray bars to the sump. At the end of one of the spray bars i am getting a end of the mustard bottle noise like there is air being forced out through the holes.

How can i remedy this?
Can you reword this? My guess is that you mean the overflows go to the sump, then through a pump and out to spray bars, but it is not clear from your description.

Without a better description of the set up, my guess is that you are getting bubbles in the sump, which are getting sucked into the pump and into the spray bars. Are you sure the noise is not coming from the overflow bulkhead area?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have the overflow to the sump teed to a refugium. At the fuge I use a spray bar and it does this. You are getting air pulled down the overflow drain and you hear it releasing out the spray bar in the sump.

I solved this by using a valve and slowing down the drain just a little and it quieted up that air. You need to balance the drain to the pump, then open the drain a bit for piece of mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts