Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering everyones opinion on otopharynx lithobates considering ordering some in but just wanted to know what people thought of them and experiences with them before I do

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have a nice 4" male (Zimbawe Rock) that I purchased from a local breeder about 6 months ago. He is coloring up nicely but hasn't got the deep blue colors as seen in profile pictures. He's been very peaceful and a pleasure to own and look at thus far. Here is a picture when I first got him. Since then he has darkened some.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I really like them think I might give them a try ... What othet fish do you have in the tank with him ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
These are one of my favorite haps. The z-rocks are not aggressive and tend to mind their own if you are putting them in a community or show tank. The only time I've seen them aggressive is towards other z-rock males when breeding. If you do decide to get lithobates, be patient with them untill they fully mature and they will wow you with their blazes.

Here is one of our 2+inch male that was just let go.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
situation said:
Thanks I really like them think I might give them a try ... What othet fish do you have in the tank with him ?
He is housed with....

Sciaenochromis Fryeri
Protomelas Stevenii (Taiwan Reef)
Cyrtocara Moorii (Blue Dolphin)
Placidochromis Electra (Deep water Hap)
Lethrinops Nyasae Mbawa (Black fin)
Tramitichromis Intermedius
Sulpherhead Peacock
Chilotilapia Rhoadesii
Nimbochromis Fuscotaeniatus (Beautiful but very aggresive)
Sunshine Peacock
Some type of Jacofreibergi peacock
Frontosa (not ideal but working so far)
Some type of Albino peacock
Placidochromis VC-10 (Got beat on by the Fusco, had to move to another tank)
Nimbochromis Venustus
Yellow Lab x2
Synodontis Multipunctatus Cat x2

More to come.......

G

·
i had a red blaze and a yellow blaze die.. so i ordered another one.. this one seems to be doing fine... he's in my all male tank.. no dark blue yet either

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long does it start for them to start coloring up ... would go n a tank with yellow lab n demasoni or would the demasoni be to aggresive but they r only still juviniles

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
You would want to keep them with other peaceful haps and peacocks ideally...not mbuna.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.