Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,531 Posts
I do see Metronidazole available at least in the US...you are likely to have to get it online. There are various other names...my example was Fish Zole from Chewey.com. Is this just a Canada thing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the government pulled it only way get it is from a doctor.cause it has chemicals that may cause cancer.
Okay yea likely will order online. Trying out a group of tropheus but not much luck up to 2 months ago had 9 2 inch and got 15 1 inch hoping to do my own colony but been having problems last few month losing fish every 2 weeks or so. Sucks love the fish. Only ones dying are the 2 inch when they start to lose spots getting the band.thinking it's my males getting stress out did have them on only pellet food. Veggie northfin.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
When treating with metro, treat 1/4 tsp per 40 gallons every 8 hours for seven days. Treating any other way will be a waste of time.
The first thing I recommend when Tropheus are stressed/hanging out on their own etc. is turn the lights off and leave them off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks noddy.
Yea 15 young are active like crazy. 5 others are pretty active. Go crazy when food goes in still just very picky meaning they still spit it out try over and over on same piece of food.i am giving them a new high veg. Flake. Only twice a week and very little could be just a new thing they tasting and not 100 percent sure of it yet. Just sucks randomly lost 4 last 2 month. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Justinfront12 said:
Thanks noddy.
Yea 15 young are active like crazy. 5 others are pretty active. Go crazy when food goes in still just very picky meaning they still spit it out try over and over on same piece of food.i am giving them a new high veg. Flake. Only twice a week and very little could be just a new thing they tasting and not 100 percent sure of it yet. Just sucks randomly lost 4 last 2 month. Thanks for the reply
Try feeding them the same food that they were on before and gradually switch them over. I used to mix a bunch of different foods so that if I ran out of one type it wouldn't make a difference. I fed NLS cichlid, NLS thera+A, Northfin veggie and O.S.I spirulina.
P.M sent re: cyps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.